Tuesday, February 3, 2009

External source: Niche Social Media Sites

Niche Social Networking Sites

It is amazing how quick niche social networks have grown. Below is an ever growing list of niche social networking sites. (I am including sites that are built on community building sites like Ning.)  Also I have included links to my review of these sites so you can help determine where you want to build a profile and participate. If there isn’t a review I just haven’t gotten to it yet… This list will be continually updated and tweaked.
Age
TBD.com My Review of TBD.com
gather.com My Review of gather.com
eons.com My Review of eons.com

Alumni
Batchmates My Review of Batchmates.com
classmates.com My Review of classmates.com
reunion.com My Review of reunion.com

Art/Artists
deviantart.com My Review of deviantart.com
imagekind.com My Review of imagekind.com
artslant.com My Review of artslant.com
3dvia.com My Review of 3dvia.com
humblevoice.com My Review of humblevoice
amateurillustrator.com My Review of amateurillustrator.com
artbreak.com My Review of artbreak.com
theblackstripe.com My Review of theblackstripe.com
artdoxa.com My Review of artdoxa.com
dripbook.com My Review of dripbook
thebroth.com My Review of thebroth
Behance.net My Review of Behance
LogoPond.com My Review of LogoPond
Maccaca.com My Review of Maccaca

Aviation
MyTransponder My Review of MyTransponder
Beer
Coastr.com My Review of Coastr.com
Blogging
blogcatalog.com My Review of Blogcatalog.com
xanga.com My Review of xanga.com
vox.com My Review of vox.com
Blurty My Review of Blurty
zooped My Review of zooped

Boats
theboaters.com My Review of theboaters.com
Books
goodreads.com My Review of goodreads.com
shelfari.com My Review of shelfari.com
librarything.com My Review of librarything.com
paperbackswap.com My Review of paperbackswap.com
bookmooch.com My Review of bookmooch.com
bookcrossing.com My Review of bookcrossing.com
revish.com My Review of revish.com
bookhopper.co.uk My Review of bookhopper.co.uk
connectviabooks.com My Review of connectviabooks.com
Chainreading My Review of Chainreading

BookSprouts My Review of BookSprouts
Brands
mystarbucksidea My Review of mystarbucksidea
Business
xing.com My Review of xing.com
ecademy.com My Review of ecademy.com
spoke.com My Review of spoke.com
jigsaw.com My Review of jigsaw.com
konnects.com My Review of konnects.com
ryze.com My Review of ryze.com
doostang.com My Review of doostang.com
startupnation.com My Review of startupnation.com
fastpitchnetworking.com My Review of fastpitchnetworking.com
biznik.com My Review of biznik.com
companyloop.com My Review of companyloop.com
ikarma.com My Review of ikarma.com
linkedin.com My Review of linkedin.com
visiblepath.com My Review of visiblepath.com
ArenAsia My Review of ArenAsia
businessclubtpi My Review of businessclubtpi
bussinespartnership.ca My Review of bussinespartnership.ca
ceoworld My Review of ceoworld
eurocircle My Review of eurocircle
gobignetwork My Review of gobignetwork
join2grow.biz My Review of join2grow.biz
LinkSV My Review of LinkSV
Marzar My Review of Marzar
networkingforprofessional My Review of networkingforprofessional
prosper My Review of prosper
refernet My Review of refernet
stockpickr! My Review of stockpickr!
toostep My Review of toostep
ziggs My Review of ziggs

Carpool/Share Business Travel

Pooln My Review of Pooln
pairup.com My Review of pairup.com

Cars/Auto/MotorBike
cardomain.com My Review of cardomain.com
cargurus.com My Review of cargurus.com
motortopia.com My Review of motortopia.com
carspace.com My Review of carspace.com
boompa.com My Review of boompa.com
carster.com My Review of carster.com
BikerOrNot My Review of BikerOrNot
GarageSeek My Review of GarageSeek
Hemmings My Review of Hemmings
MadWhips My Review of MadWhips
MyVeeDub My Review of MyVeeDub
RideJudge My Review of RideJudge
Theautolog My Review of Theautolog

Cartoons
toongum My Review of toongum
Charity
givemeaning My Review of givemeaning
Friendly Favors My Review of Friendly Favors
MyC4 My Review of MyC4
Benevolink My Review of Benevolink

Comics
comicspace.com My Review of comicspace.com
mashon.com My Review of mashon.com

Cooking
opensourcefood.com My Review of opensourcefood.com
bakespace.com My Review of bakespace.com
grouprecipes.com My Review of grouprecipes.com
allrecipes My Review of allrecipes
BigOven My Review of BigOven
familyoven My Review of familyoven
Recipezaar My Review of Recipezaar


Dating
espin.com My Review of espin.com
ercrush.com My Review of ercrush.com
50yearsplus My Review of 50yearsplus
afroromance.com My Review of afroromance.com
AveMariaSingles My Review of AveMariaSingles
datetheuk My Review of datetheuk
Flirtomatic My Review of Flirtomatic
Fupei My Review of Fupei
geek2geek My Review of geek2geek
meetic My Review of meetic
Singleandactive My Review of Singleandactive
whispers4u My Review of whispers4u
engage My Review of engage
Meezoog My Review of Mezoog
espinthebottle My Review of espinthebottle

DIY
curbly.com My Review of curbly.com
instructables My Review of instructables

TipsBase My Review of TipsBase
Dolls
thedollplace.com My Review of thedollplace.com
stardoll My Review of stardoll

Education
tappedin.org My Review of tappedin.org
Environment
plantchange.com My Review of plantchange.com
greenvoice.com My Review of greenvoice.com
Greenopolis My Review of Greenopolis
greenthing My Review of greenthing
makemesustainable My Review of makemesustainable
OpenArchitectureNetwork My Review of OpenArchitectureNetwork
SaveThePlanetAndWin My Review of Save The Planet and Win

Ethnicity
worldlounge.com My Review of worldlounge.com
blackplanet.com My Review of blackplanet.com
B-Linked My Review of B-Linked
bharatstudent My Review of bharatstudent
Blackamericaweb My Review of Blackamericaweb
Adamoreve My Review of Adamoreve

Events
meetin.org My Review of meetin.org
Exclusive
asmallworld.net My Review of A Small World
OutOrIn My Review of OutOrIn

Family/Genealogy
myfamily.com My Review of myfamily.com
geni.com My Review of geni.com
genoom.com My Review of genoom.com
greatschools.com My Review of greatschools.com
onegreatfamily.com My Review of onegreatfamily.com
thefamilypost.com My Review of thefamilypost.com
webbiographies.com My Review of webbiographies.com
famiva.com My Review of famiva.com
kincafe.com My Review of kincafe.com
famster.com My Review of famster.com
kinzin.com My Review of kinzin.com
amiglia.com My Review of amiglia.com
cingo.com My Review of cingo.com
Family Says My Review of Family Says
GeneBase My Review of GeneBase
zoof My Review of zoof

Fashion
threadless.com My Review of threadless.com
stylehive.com My Review of stylehive.com
sneakerplay.com My Review of sneakerplay.com
trendmill.com My Review of trendmill.com
modelmayhem.com My Review of modelmayhem.com
shareyourlook.com My Review of shareyourlook.com
displaymode My Review of displaymode
burdastyle My Review of burdastyle
fashhh My Review of fashhh
sunsilk gang of girls My Review of sunsilk gang of girls
youstyleme My Review of youstyleme
IQONS My Review of IQONS

modelxpress My Review of modelxpress
Female
girlsense.com My Review of girlsense.com
chickadvisor.com My Review of chickadvisor.com
DontDateHimGirl My Review of DontDateHimGirl
adfemme My Review of adfemme
Blogher My Review of Blogher
GirlsAskGuys My Review of GirlsAskGuys
girlswithgoals My Review of girlswithgoals
GlobalDinnerNetwork My Review of GlobalDinnerNetwork
SisterWoman My Review of SisterWoman
TangoDiva My Review of TangoDiva
Teamsugar My Review of Teamsugar
eWomenNetwork My Review of eWomenNetwork

Gambling/Dares
bragster.com My Review of bragster.com
gaambol.com My Review of gaambol.com
Monster Dare My Review of Monster Dare

Games/Gaming
gopets My Review of gopets
BarbieGirls My Review of BarbieGirls
Cybertown My Review of Cybertown
Gamespot My Review of Gamespot
Gamestrata My Review of Gamestrata
GameVee My Review of GameVee
GuessIt My Review of GuessIt
Kaneva My Review of Kaneva
Mokitown My Review of Mokitown
Profil3.com My Review of Profil3.com
SecondLife My Review of SecondLife
tickle My Review of tickle
webkinz My Review of webkinz
xfire My Review of xfire
Neopets My Review of Neopets
lulilab My Review of Lulilab
SaySwap My Review of SaySwap
Mojizu.com My Review of Mojizu
xuqa.com My Review of xuqa.com
imvu My Review of imvu
Qlique My Review of Qlique

General
myspace.com My Review of myspace.com
facebook.com My Review of facebook.com
orkut.com My Review of orkut.com
hi5.com My Review of hi5.com
friendster.com My Review of friendster.com
skyrock.com My Review of skyrock.com
netlog.com My Review of netlog.com
bebo.com My Review of bebo.com
multiply.com My Review of multiply.com
tagged.com My Review of tagged.com
badoo.com My Review of badoo.com
wamba.com My Review of wamba.com
faceparty.com My Review of faceparty.com
amitize.com My Review of amitize.com
hyves.net My Review of hyves.net
experienceproject.com My Review of experienceproject.com
searchles.com My Review of searchles.com
faces.com My Review of faces.com
trig.com My Review of trig.com
dandelife.com My Review of dandelife.com
beautifulsociety.com My Review of beautifulsociety.com
circleup.com My Review of circleup.com
flingr.com My Review of flingr.com
beautifulpeople.com My Review of beautifulpeople.com
BLNK My Review of BLNK
colonies My Review of colonies
Commongate My Review of Commongate
Communities.com My Review of Communities.com
Cyworld My Review of Cyworld
esnips My Review of esnips
fanpop My Review of fanpop
FriendPing My Review of FriendPing
Friendsreunited My Review of Friendsreunited
fubar My Review of fubar
Octopop My Review of Octopop
hoverspot My Review of hoverspot
i-neighbors My Review of i-neighbors
i4giveu My Review of i4giveu
ibibo My Review of ibibo
imagini My Review of imagini (now youniverse)
iugen My Review of iugen
linkyourfriends My Review of linkyourfriends
Loowa My Review of  Loowa
meetup My Review of meetup
Mobber My Review of Mobber
Moli My Review of Moli
my.9rules My Review of my.9rules
mypacis.eu My Review of mypacis.eu
PhuseBox My Review of PhuseBox
reachoutside My Review of reachoutside
Rimzu My Review of Rimzu
Sprinko My Review of Sprinko
stickam My Review of stickam
stickis My Review of stickis

virb.com My Review of virb.com
makeoutclub.com My Review of makeoutclub.com
GLBT
fabfemme My Review of fabfemme
glee My Review of glee
ourchart My Review of ourchart

Goals/Lists
43things.com My Review of 43things.com
gaia.com My Review of gaia.com
SuperViva My Review of SuperViva

Gothic
vampirefreaks.com My Review of vampirefreaks.com
Food and Beverage Workers
biteclub My Review of biteclub
Health
tudiabetes.com My Review of tudiabetes.com
dailystrength.org My Review of dailystrength.org
realmentalhealth.com My Review of realmentalhealth.com
organizedwisdom.com My Review of organizedwisdom.com
patientslikeme.com My Review of patientslikeme.com
sobercircle.com My Review of sobercircle.com
walkertracker.com My Review of walkertracker.com
12stepspace My Review of 12stepspace
Peertrainer My Review of Peertrainer
peoplejam My Review of peoplejam
TauMed My Review of TauMed
the paralysis community My Review of the paralysis community
TheDailyPlate My Review of TheDailyPlate
toolstolife My Review of toolstolife
Rareshare My Review of Rareshare

Hobbies
knitpicks.com My Review of knitpicks.com
corank.com My Review of corank.com
colshare.com My Review of colshare.com
ravelry.com My Review of ravelry.com
craftster My Review of craftster
Lov.li My Review of Lov.li

Instant Messaging/Chat
buddystumbler My Review of buddystumbler
Talkcity My Review of Talkcity
Tangler My Review of Tangler

Interior Design
decorati.com My Review of decorati.com
Jobs
crewster My Review of crewster
coroflot.com My Review of coroflot.com
ihipo.com My Review of ihipo.com
yorz My Review of yorz
domystuff.com My Review of domystuff.com
realcontacts My Review of realcontacts
alumwire.com My Review of alumwire.com

Journal
Deadjournal My Review of Deadjournal
greatestjournal My Review of greatestjournal

Language
phrasebase My Review of phrasebase
talkconmigo My Review of talkconmigo
Babbel My Review of Babbel

Legal Profession
lawyrs.net My Review of lawyrs.net
Local
outside.in My Review of outside.in
ourfaves.com My Review of ourfaves.com
going.com My Review of going.com
fatdoor.com My Review of fatdoor.com
rummble.com My Review of rummble.com
jambo.net My Review of jambo.net
myneighbourhoods.co.uk My Review of myneighbourhoods.co.uk
echomyplace.com My Review of echomyplace.com
citizenbay My Review of citizenbay
CitySearch My Review of City Search

Media
mediabistro.com My Review of mediabistro.com
Medical
sermo.com My Review of sermo.com
mycancerplace.com My Review of mycancerplace.com
nurselinkup.com My Review of nurselinkup.com

Memorial
Respectance My Review of Respectance
Military
Trooptube My Review of Trooptube
Community of Veterans My Review of Community of Veterans

Mobile
myxer.com My Review of myxer.com
mobango.com My Review of mobango.com
jaiku.com My Review of jaiku.com
mozes.com My Review of mozes.com
dodgeball.com My Review of dodgeball.com
socialight.com My Review of socialight.com
loopt.com My Review of loopt.com
groovr.com My Review of groovr.com
rabble.com My Review of rabble.com
friendstribe.com My Review of friendstribe.com
gotzapp.com My Review of gotzapp.com
GyPSii My Review of GyPSii
ZYB My Review of ZYB
Fanbox My Review of Fanbox
zemble My Review of zemble
twitxr My Review of twitxr
Frengo My Review of Frengo
myGamma My Review of myGamma
plazes.com My Review of plazes.com
Brightkite My Review of BrightKite

Zoodango My Review of Zoodango
Mom
clubmom.com My Review of clubmom.com
cafemom.com My Review of cafemom.com
mayasmom.com My Review of mayasmom.com
minti.com My Review of minti.com
mothersclick.com My Review of mothersclick.com
connectingmoms.com My Review of connectingmoms.com
momjunction.com My Review of momjunction.com
moxie-moms.com My Review of moxie-moms.com
gotkidsnetwork.com My Review of gotkidsnetwork.com
Mommy Track’d My Review of Mommy
mumspace My Review of mumspace
OpMom My Review of OpMom
Raising Kids My Review of Raising Kids
raisingthem My Review of raisingthem
workitmom My Review of workitmom
circleofmoms My Review of circleofmoms

Movies
flixster.com My Review of flixster.com
spout.com My Review of spout.com
filmaffinity My Review of filmaffinity
filmtrust My Review of filmtrust
Jaman My Review of Jaman
criticker My Review of criticker

Music
imeem.com My Review of imeem.com
mog.com My Review of mog.com
hiphopcrack.com My Review of hiphopcrack.com
cyloop.com My Review of cyloop.com
asoboo.com My Review of asoboo.com
hip-hop.net My Review of hip-hop.net
musichawk.com My Review of musichawk.com
bandchemistry.com My Review of bandchemistry.com
bandbuzz My Review of bandbuzz
buzznet My Review of buzznet
flyfi My Review of flyfi
indie911 My Review of indie911 aka Hoooka.com
jamendo My Review of jamendo
JukeBoxAlive My Review of JukeBoxAlive
Singin My Review of Singin


Nightlife
dontstayin.com My Review of dontstayin.com
aftertheclub.co.uk My Review of aftertheclub.co.uk

Outdoors
outdoorzy.com My Review of outdoorzy.com
thoos.com My Review of thoos.com

Pets
dogster.com My Review of dogster.com
catster.com My Review of catster.com
fuzzster.com My Review of fuzzster.com
mydogspace.com My Review of mydogspace.com
petster.com My Review of petster.com
mycatspace.com My Review of mycatspace.com
pikapet.com My Review of pikapet.com
hamsterster.com My Review of hamsterster.com
animalbuds.com My Review of animalbuds.com
doggysnaps My Review of doggysnaps
Funepets My Review of Funepets
PetWatch My Review of PetWatch
vivapets My Review of vivapets

Photos
fotolog.com My Review of fotolog.com
buzdeo.com My Review of buzdeo.com
agester.com My Review of agester.com
buddypic My Review of buddypic
hotornot My Review of hotornot
bubbleshare My Review of bubbleshare
DesiRater My Review of DesiRater
Lightstalkers My Review of Lightstalkers
Zoomr My Review of Zoomr

Political
care2.com My Review of care2.com
my.barackobama.com My Review of my.barackobama.com
changingthepresent.org My Review of changingthepresent.org
takingitglobal.org My Review of  takingitglobal.org
change.org My Review of change.org
essembly.com My Review of essembly.com
FreedomSpeaks My Review of FreedomSpeaks

Questions
help.com My Review of help.com
Fluther My Review of Fluther

Real Estate
zillow.com My Review of zillow.com
trulia.com My Review of trulia.com
activerain.com My Review of activerain.com
ourbania My Review of ourbania
mydealbook My Review of mydealbook

Regional
beirutforever My Review of beirutforever
afriville My Review of afriville

Religion
shoutlife.com My Review of shoutlife.com
mychurch.org My Review of mychurch.org
spaces.muxlim.com My Review of spaces.muxlim.com
xianz.com My Review of xianz.com
blogs4god.com My Review of blogs4god.com
oaktreeidea.com My Review of oaktreeidea.com
BuddhistConnect My Review of BuddhistConnect
wondercafe My Review of wondercafe

Reviews
chowhound.com My Review of chowhound.com
yelp.com My Review of yelp.com
epinions.com My Review of epinions.com
rateitall.com My Review of rateitall.com
Faves My Review of Faves
Qype My Review of Qype
Riffs My Review of Riffs
Tablefinder My Review of Tablefinder
Vanno.com My Review of Vanno
menutopia My Review of menutopia
dishola My Review of dishola
Jyte My Review of Jyte
bestuff! My Review of bestuff!
Trusty’sMy review of Trusty’s

Zeer My review of Zeer
Science
nature.com My Review of nature.com
Scientific American My Review of Scientific American
SciVee My Review of SciVee

Shopping
redflagdeals.com My Review of redflagdeals.com
thisnext.com My Review of thisnext.com
dealigg.com My Review of dealigg.com
zebo.com My Review of zebo.com
productwiki.com My Review of productwiki.com
myitthings.com My Review of myitthings.com
judysbook.com My Review of judysbook.com
iliketotallyloveit.com My Review of iliketotallyloveit.com
mystore.com My Review of mystore.com
boxedup.com My Review of boxedup.com
3luxe.com My Review of 3luxe.com
smashingdarling.com My Review of smashingdarling.com
shoppero.com My Review of shoppero.com
dealcomet.com My Review of dealcomet.com
agentb.com My Review of agentb.com
yub.com My Review of yub.com
salegrab.com My Review of salegrab.com
bringsome.com My Review of bringsome.com
coworkersads.com My Review of coworkersads.com
dawanda My Review of dawanda
etsy My Review of etsy
kaboodle My Review of kaboodle
ShopStyle My Review of ShopStyle
Wishpot My Review of Wishpot
woot My Review of woot
Zazzle My Review of Zazzle
FlugPo My Review of FlugPo

Smoking
smokingpassions.com My Review of smokingpassions.com
Spanish
migente.com My Review of migente.com
vostu.com My Review of vostu.com
quepasa.com My Review of quepasa.com

Sports
velospace.org My Review of velospace.org
fannation.com My Review of fannation.com
takkle.com My Review of takkle.com
berecruited.com My Review of berecruited.com
sportsvite.com My Review of sportsvite.com
actionprofiles.com My Review of actionprofiles.com
sportsmates.com My Review of sportsmates.com
bikespace.net My Review of bikespace.net
thehuntzone.com My Review of thehuntzone.com
bleacherreport My Review of bleacherreport
bouldr My Review of bouldr
fanspot My Review of fanspot
golflink My Review of golflink
isporty My Review of isporty
LocalReplay My Review of LocalReplay
pickupgame My Review of pickupgame
urban tailgate My Review of urban tailgate
PreChamps My Review of PreChamps
Ruggerspace My Review of Ruggerspace

Student
student.com My Review of student.com
uloop.com My Review of uloop.com
graduates.com My Review of graduates.com
campusbug.com My Review of campusbug.com
ratemyprofessors.com My Review of ratemyprofessors.com
The quad My Review of the quad
b4class.com My Review of b4class.com
localschools.com My Review of localschools.com
myYearbook My Review of myYearbook
schoolster My Review of schoolster
thesquare My Review of thesquare
ConnectU My Review of ConnectU
zeeya.net My Review of zeeya.net
zinch My Review of zinch
LymaBean My Review of LymaBean
wasabi.com My Review of wasabi.com

Talent Showcase
bluLime.com My Review of bluLime
talentdatabase.com My Review of talentdatabase
thingsicando My Review of thingsicando
talicious My Review of talicious
ShowOffDemo My Review of ShowOffDemo

Technology
advogato.org My Review of advogato.org
cambrianhouse My Review of cambrianhouse
ebyte My Review of ebyte
fastcompany My Review of fastcompany
ittoolbox My Review of ittoolbox
NEObinaries My Review of NEObinaries
Slashdot My Review of Slashdot
StackOverflow My Review of StackOverflow
DotNetKicks My Review of DotNetKicks
My Review of DZone

Teen
varsityworld My Review of varsityworld
piczoinc.com My Review of piczoinc.com

Text Book Swap
pazap.com My Review of pazap.com
textbookrevolt.com My Review of textbookrevolt.com

Time Capsule
MyVtc My Review of MyVtc
Timelines
OurStory My Review of OurStory
miomi My Review of miomi

Training
traineo.com My Review of traineo.com
weendure.com My Review of weendure.com
ontri.com My Review of ontri.com

Travel
tripadvisore.com My Review of tripadvisore.com
wayn.com My Review of wayn.com
tribe.net My Review of tribe.net
wikitravel.org My Review of wikitravel.org
travellerspoint.com My Review of travellerspoint.com
travbuddy.com My Review of travbuddy.com
gusto.com My Review of gusto.com
matadortravel.com My Review of matadortravel.com
woophy.com My Review of woophy.com
everytrail.com My Review of everytrail.com
vibeagent.com My Review of vibeagent.com
tripconnect.com My Review of tripconnect.com
zoodango.com My Review of zoodango.com
couchsurfing.com My Review of couchsurfing.com
lovento.com My Review of lovento.com
iloho.com My Review of iloho.com
mytripbook.com My Review of mytripbook.com
triporama.com My Review of triporama.com
citytherapy.com My Review of citytherapy.com
traveltogether.com My Review of traveltogether.com
weexplore.net My Review of weexplore.net
bootsnall My Review of bootsnall
geotract My Review of geotract
goabroad.net My Review of goabroad.net
hereorthere My Review of hereorthere
holidaycheck My Review of holidaycheck
hospitalityclub My Review of hospitalityclub
igougo My Review of igougo.com
passportstamp My Review of passportstamp
realtravel My Review of Realtravel
Rrove My Review of Rrove
MeetingWave My Review of MeetingWave
travelpost My Review of travelpost
TripTie My Review of TripTie
Vcarious My Review of Vcarious
wayfaring My Review of wayfaring
WhereAreYou My Review of WhereAreYou

Video Games
greatgamesexperiment.com My Review of greatgamesexperiment.com
gamervision.com My Review of gamervision.com

Wine
corkd.com My Review of corkd.com
vinorati.com My Review of vinorati.com
bottletalk.com My Review of bottletalk.com
Winesocieties My Review of Winesocities
adegga My Review of adegga
Winelog My Review of Winelog
Winechatr My Review of Winechatr
MustLoveWine My Review of MustLoveWine
Snooth My Review of Snooth
Winedrip My Review of WInedrip
BottleNotes My Review of BottleNotes
Vinquire My Review of Vinquire

Writing
1000keyboards My Review of 1000keyboards
NovelMaker My Review of NovelMaker
Writers Cafe My Review of Writers Cafe

No comments: